Final Report Summary
From 16 to 19 May in Prishtina took place the 11th edition of International Fair of construction, energy, technology, furniture and real estate "EXPOKOS 2012".
This year's edition of the fair continued the trend of constant increase in the number of exhibiting companies, who through exposure to the EXPOKOS fair are achieving multiple outcomes, by getting able to establish their access in the Kosovo and regional market.
CEO as the organizer has always been successful, at every edition of the fair, in bringing in known companies from the region, Europe etc. An extraordinary success for this edition is the first time arrival of organized national participation of countries such as: Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Austria, and Belgium. This is a result of a long communication between CEO and state investment and trade agencies of these countries.
Active participants of the fair were as follows: IPAK (Investment Promotion Agency of Kosovo), German-Kosovar Chamber of Commerce, ADCC, AWEX (Wallonia Foreign Trade and Investment Agency) Belgium, Thessaloniki Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Chamber of Small and Medium Sized Industries of Thessaloniki, Chamber of Larissa, Thessaloniki International Fair, Austrian Chamber of Commerce, Croatian Chamber of Economy, Croatian Chamber of Trades and Crafts, HITA (Hungarian Investment and Trade Agency), Czech Trade Promotion Agency/CzechTrade, Confederation of Industry of the Czech Republic, Czech Chamber of Commerce, Kosovar-Turkish Chamber of Commerce, as well as professional associations, such as Kosovo Architect Association etc.
Besides the high number of exhibiting companies and professional visitors from Kosovo and the region, the fair was also visited by many business delegations from different countries.
This event was at the focus of all the business community, state institutions and the general public also because of many parallel activities that took place at the fair's facilities such as: seminars, conferences and presentations by professionals, leaders of business associations, embassy representatives, with the theme of increasing economic cooperation between Kosovo and the countries being presented at the fair, as well as other topics of interest in the field of construction, planning, renewable energy, environmental protection, etc.
Foreign delegation representatives during these days realized many meetings with high state representatives of Kosovo, where they received a strong support and encouragement to extend their business activities in Kosovo.
Inauguration of EXPOKOS 2012, (Photo from the left): Mr. Kyriakos Pozrikidis, Mrs. Mimoza Kusari-Lila, Mr. Dimitris Moschopoulos, Mr. Philippe SUINEN, Mr. Johann Brieger, Mr. Matthias Kiesler, Mr. Pavel Fára.
Speakers at the opening ceremony were: Mrs. Mimoza Kusari-Lila, deputy primeminister and Minister of Trade and Industry of Kosova; Mr. Dimitris Moschopoulos, Head of Greek Office in Prishtina; Mr. Philippe SUINEN, CEO of AWEX (Wallonia Foreign Trade and Investment Agency) Belgium; Mr. Matthias Kiesler, deputy ambassador of Germany in Kosovo; Mr. Pavel Fára, Confederation of Industry of the Czech Republic; Mr. Kyriakos Pozrikidis, director of Thessaloniki International Fair (TIF); Mr. Bekim Xhafa, CEO of Congress & Event Organization/Prishtina Fair.
Attending the opening ceremony were also numerous ambassadors and delegations from Kosovo and abroad.
Data on the EXPOKOS 2012
- Official opening: 16 May 2012, 12:00h
- Venue: Pallati i Rinisë, Prishtina
- Number of exhibitors: 390
- Main exhibitors: 270
- Co-exhibitors: 120
- Origin of exhibitors: Kosova, Albania, Macedonia, Croatia, Slovenia, Germany, Hungary, Austria, Czech Republic, Greece, Belgium, Italy, The Netherlands, UK, Turkey, Serbia and Bulgaria
- National pavilions from: Croatia, Greece, Czech Republic, Hungary, Belgium, Austria
- Total number of visitors: 28 400
- Number of professional visitors: 16 750
- Number of public visitors:11 650
- Visitor's profile: Specialists of construction, architecture, energy, machinery, wood industry, real estate, employers, distributors, managers of public and private companies, institutional leaders, students, etc.
- 17 May, EXPOKOS Dinner party
- 19 May, giving out certificates for the exhibitors
Parallel activities held during expokos 2012
During the fair a series of accompanying activities were held, such as seminars, workshops and presentations with very interesting topics such as:
- "Passive control of engineering structures" – Kosovo Association of Architects & Pan Engineering Company
- "Passive Solar House" – Color Ing Company
- "Dutch-Kosovo Co-investments, illustration of the best examples" – Bidec Investments Agency & ZINKUNIE
- "Industrial cleaning with dry ice" – ICE CLEAN Company
- Seminar, B2B & Workshop "Business partnership Kosovo – Czech Republic"
- "Industry of electric cables, standards and new technologies" – Proton Cable Company
- "Investment Climate and Opportunities in Kosovo" – IPAK (Investment Promotion Agency of Kosovo)
EXPOKOS in media
The fair was followed by main media of the country and the region, such as:
Radio and TV stations:
RTK, RTV21, KTV, TV Klan Kosova, Rrokum TV, Radio Kosova, Radio Dukagjini, Radio Blue Sky, Radio 21, Radio Plus, Radio Besa, Radio Tring, etc.
Daily newspapers and Magazines:
Koha Ditore, Kosova Sot, Bota Sot, Infopress, Gazeta Express, Lajm, Zëri, Epoka e Re, EuroXtrade, Virovitički List, Glas Slavonije, etc.
News Agencies and Information portals:
Kosova Press, Telegrafi, Kosova Info, Indeksonline, Kosova Live, Agjencia Ekonomia, Kosovanews, Kosova Info, Infosot, Kosova Haber, TRT Albanian, Ekonomisti, Info Globi, Alb Info, Poslovni Dnevnik, Lajme shqip, Kosova In, Shtypi i Ditës, Paragrafi, Monitor, Profit, Qendra Info, Info Ditore, Kosova Times, Lexo shqip, Gazeta Ditore, UrbanMag, Virovitica.net, Virovitica-online, etc.
May 2012, Prishtina
CEO - Congress & Event Organization